Friday, May 30, 2008

This is the life.

The best part about teaching? I found it today, maybe for the first time. It's not summer break. It's not all the treats and fun books. It's when a little boy says to his mom, "I'm not going to school today because that means I will have to say goodbye." It's when a little girl tells you she loves you more than anything and would give anything to flunk 2nd grade and stay for another year. It's reading a sweet note from a student telling you all his favorite things about the school year including chocolate math, giving appreciations, and extra recess. It's when a mom tears up telling you how much you have meant to her family and her child. I think that's why I teach. Another perk? This cute door a mom made for the classroom:



Love it.

No comments: