Sunday, January 4, 2009

Peace Like a River...

In contrast with my last post, I had an epiphany today. I actually took some time to sit and be real with God. I let out all my frustrations, read about Daniel (Read it.) , and did a little soul-searching. Not too many times have I had an experience like this, but I was suddenly drowning in this sense of peace that I haven't had for a long time. It was as though God was whispering, "I'll always be here. You're not alone. Delight in me." How long have I gone just getting by and getting things done on my to-do list? There has got to be more to life than that. There is more to life than that. Although it can be messy and frustrating and disappointing, I'm so encouraged by the fact that I get to serve a God who knows the end from the beginning and has everything already figured out before I even think to try to figure things out. I'm not alone, you're not alone. Rest in Him and His peace. He will always provide for you, even if what's happening in the here and now doesn't seem a whole lot like provision. Take time to delight in the little things. The pattern that the ice crystals make on your windshield, the wonder of snow, or clouds, or sunsets. Take it all in, He made it for you!

“Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him." Daniel 2:20-22

Also, today Pastor Mike Bell spoke at church and taught about the Bible's history. It was absolutely amazing. I couldn't stop listening and thinking of how fantastic it is that God has given us everything we need to know in the Word of God and how He has crafted it through human hands to bring people to Himself. You can listen to it here. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love you. You are a breath of fresh air and a word of truth. I am excited to see what God will do in you this year.
With my loving arms around you, Linds

the blogivers said...

Preach it, sister!