So, it seems that Scout has been watching the Marley and Me movie previews. Maybe he always has been Marley, but I just didn't recognize it as Marleyness because I hadn't been introduced yet. However, now that I've seen (and teared up through) the movie... I'm concerned. Every time that Matt and I leave, it's as if "Scout" says to himself, 'What Would Marley Do?'. Don't worry, he successfully answers this question. We come home to chewed up shoes, mail, cell phones, wreaths (?), books (sorry Narnia), canvas tote bags, leashes, and candle lighters. The worst is when Matt and I come home for only an hour or so after work before leaving again. This enrages him and he spitefully finds anything he can get his mouth on (keep in mind he stands 5'2" on his hind legs) and rips it to shreds. Hopefully the Spring will bring good things for the little lad. I'm looking forward to when he can frolick outside amongst the weeds and get some of his energy out! Keep in mind that he is also now on anti-anxiety meds. I think we officially have the most high-maintenance, schitsophrenic, and restless Golden Retriever known to man!

And, might I add, that having a student teacher is one of the most delightful experiences I've had! However, I am having a hard time finding ways to spend my time if you can believe that. Don't they say that bad habits are formed or broken in 2 weeks? Well, I'm on not-teaching week #3. Yikes!
1 comment:
Once I saw that movie I came home and recognized the same symptoms in my....CAT! He throws the dish when he's done with food, he lays on each stair for you to put your foot on and fall, he eats the thread from my sewing machine and runs around the house with a thready-trail. This and so much more! So yes, we now call him Marley too.
Post a Comment