But, I still feel restless. Ask Matt. Last night, I had a bit of a end-of-the-year meltdown. I found a list of all the things I wanted to work on last year, but of course forgot about by January 24th, and started to bawl. Why is it that I can't seem to stick to anything? I can try to use my job as an excuse. The life of a second grade teacher can be busy, but not any busier than the lives of those around me. I can try to blame it on "the way I am" or "what more can people expect from me!?". I can blame many things, but it just comes down to discipline. I seem to have none. That's my goal this year... to work on discipline in all areas of my life. Here are the areas I need to improve my discipline in, feel free to remind me when you see me next and make sure I'm keeping up on it.
1. Eating and Exercising. Need I say more? I know this is everyone's resolution, but really, it's getting ridiculous. Maybe the Wii fit will help, ha! Matt and I have a bet... whoever loses the most weight by Jan. 30th gets $50. How's that for motivation!
2. My Time. I set time goals for myself and my time at work, but end up staying late just to get that "one more thing" done off my list, which ends up sucking the last bit of energy I had right out of me, especially in the winter when the darkness creeps in so quickly. My new goal? Leave work by 5 everyday.
3. Housework. Ugh. Here's the schedule:
Saturdays and Wednesdays: Laundry
Tuesdays: Kitchen
Thursdays: Bathrooms
Saturdays: vacuum
4. Saying NO! Don't worry, I'm not talking about D.A.R.E., I'm talking about overcommitting! I think that has led me to feeling that my time is full but my life is empty. I feel like I am always running to the next thing, not ever giving anything 100% and not being able to love on people along the way.
That being said, I have had a wonderful Christmas vacation. We were able to spend some great quality time with both of our families and enjoy spending time with each other (a much needed oasis in the midst of basketball season!). I still haven't gotten around to sending out some type of letter/care for the holidays. I think I'll work on it and just get it out whenever I can! Maybe a Valentine's letter this year?? :) Here's a few pictures to let you know what we've been up to!
The Wii Fit, perfect for a competitive husband!
Finally found a beer I can handle! The Heffeweizen (sp?) from Squatters. And that's Paige in the background, we got to spend some wonderful time with her and Erik, some of our favorite people around!!
Snowshoeing in Lamb's Canyon, so fun!!! We had planned to go alone, but ended up with a group of 10, it was great!!!
We went down to Moab with Matt's family for just a few days before New Year's. It was so beautiful, and fun to get away! Here's some more pictures from our trip, wishing you all God's blessings in the New Year!
2 comments:
My friend--I feel like I'm reading my own blog (health, housework, discipline...)and yet, the point I'm at now is one that consists of several points of wisdom other women of influence have given me: First, I can't do everything. This includes being politically aware of every issue or every non-profit that I know blesses God's heart. The next thing is that stupid health issue: my prayer for you (and for me) is to not desire health for health's sake, but to do it in a way that the results will help me further the Kingdom. If this means just being fit enough to keep up with second graders, then that's good enough. If it includes other things, then I'll need to step it up a notch. And lastly, to keep it all in perspective: think eternally when making these resolutions. At the end of our lives, what will have mattered? Your pant size or how you shape those kids?
Sorry about the mini novella, but I thought I'd pass along my thoughts; take 'em or leave 'em.
Happy New Year. I love and miss you tons.
I can feel your frustration . . . I've been grumpy for days. I just want things organized, clean, checked off of the list!! I think it's an unending battle and the start of a new year makes us want it all wrapped up with a bow on it!!
Post a Comment